Jump Rope Summer Camp 2022
JOIN ROPEWORKS THIS SUMMER FOR OUR FUN-FILLED
JUMP ROPE CAMPS 2022
Each of our specialized camps are directed and taught by Rene Bibaud – Ropeworks owner and creator, using her highly acclaimed approach to skill development and growth mindset providing participants a personal, high quality experience focused on the whole child.
Our camps are designed for kids aged 7 -14. We work on single rope skills, partner routines, long rope and double dutch jumping. Each person is challenged at their own skill level, and camp is open to kids of any skill level – from beginners to members of jump rope teams.
Athletes learn to build skills in a success-oriented, scaffolding approach and offers each individual tools to continually push skill development. We offer a ton of games to build coordination, timing, foot speed and endurance while maintaining a balance of a fun summer time activity kids will rave about for years to come!
Age range: 7 -14
3 hours per day
Some locations offer extended day or wrap around care
We perform for family at the conclusion of camp.
SUMMER 2022 CAMP LOCATIONS
To Register, Contact the Camp Host Directly using the links provided
- June 27 Meridian School (Wallingford) $235 – 9am to noon REGISTER
- July 4 Workshop Week / Private Camps & Shows
- July 11 Mountlake Terrace Camp Week REGISTER
- July 11 Tentative Evergreen School Camp (Shoreline) 1-4PM REGISTER
- July 18 San Juan Island CC camp (Mon and Tues) 10am to noon Island Rec WEBSITE
- July 25 High Point CC Camp 9am to 2pm (approx. $450) (West Seattle) REGISTER
- Aug 1 Ravenna Eckstein Community Center – (Wedgewood) REGISTER
- Aug 8 Mountlake Terrace Camp Week REGISTER
- Aug 15 Workshop Week / Private camps and shows
- Aug 22 VFW – West Seattle and Rain City Training Camp $475 – 9am – 3pm REGISTE
Rain City Ropeworks Training
Develop new skills in preparation for the team season. Team members and pre-team members plus general public will participate in a deep dive into jump rope choreography, dance and acrobatics with a special focus on creating new skills and routines with choreography at the center of our work.
WHY JUMP ROPE?
Jumping rope is an incredible lifetime fitness activity. Athletes use rope jumping for agility, timing, coordination, foot-speed and endurance. Learning the skill early in life helps develop the skills for a lifetime of rope jumping for fun and fitness.
Jumping rope is an excellent exercise for cardiovascular fitness, muscular endurance and coordination. Now researchers are learning that physical activity like jumping rope also prepares the brain for optimal learning too. So, it’s great for the mind, the body and the soul!
Current brain research supports the need for movement in the learning process. Here are just a few ways that jumping rope may help prepare the brain for learning.