Rain City Ropeworks is a registered 501 c 3 non profit organization registered in WA state.
A jump rope is portable, inexpensive and can be done virtually anywhere – making it an incredibly equitable activity. We believe anyone should have access to the joy of jumping rope and be able to learn new skills.
All of our programs offer a no questions asked scholarship policy and we partner with organizations who offer the same.
We provide funding for travel and performance opportunities as well as outreach to area youth. And we raise funds to support Rain City Jump Rope Team for travel to competitions, performances and workshops as well as other overhead costs.
About the Team:
– Jump Rope Team is a performance jump and competition team based out of West Seattle. Team members range in age from 8 to 18 and are proficient in performance jump rope, double dutch, long rope, acro jump rope and single rope skills. The team performs at special events, halftime shows, festivals, school assemblies and we compete in local, regional and national tournaments.
Our goal is to share our passion of jumping rope for fun and fitness.
Board of Directors:
President: Shelly Freeman
Vice President: Camille Morgan
Treasurer: Stephanie Garrison
Fundraising: Julie Forcum
Volunteers: Jodi Hill
Consultant: Rene Bibaud
Becoming a Member
Team Member Requirements:
- 3rd grade or older – exceptions apply and younger athletes will be welcomed as space is available. Ask Coach Rene
- Basic Fundamental Skills acquired
- Able to make a firm commitment to the practices for 10 months. (Sept to June) from 3:15-5:30PM on Wednesdays. (depends on age what exact time)
- Families must help at tournaments
- Tournaments are optional, but encouraged