The West City Jump Rope Team is a performance jump and competition team based out of West Seattle with some satellite programs starting in Kirkland. Team members range in age from 8 to through college aged and are proficient in performance jump rope, double dutch, long rope, acro jump rope and single rope skills. The team performs at special events, festivals, school assemblies and competes in regional tournaments.
Our goal is to share our passion of jumping rope for fun and fitness.
Becoming a Member
Building jump rope skills require patience, practice and perseverance. Our team trains 10 months a year and performs at approximately 20 community and school events. In addition we participate in 4 tournaments which are on the weekends. Practices are on Wednesdays from 3:15-5:00PM September through June with optional summer practices offered.
- New members will join existing team members for 4 practices starting on September 8th, 2021 at the VFW in West Seattle.
- All new and returning members must pay TEAM DUES for September 2021 for the month of September paying $89.00 and signing covid waivers and our teamsnap invitation. (this will be emailed to you after you pay) Extended Team Membership is $129 and includes additional practice opportunities and guest presenters. Most advanced jumpers should be doing the extended membership plan.
- At the end of September, we will host a parent meeting where we share more detailed information about our program and families will be asked to make a firm commitment if still interested.
- 2nd -5th grade athletes will practice from 2:45pm-4pm and 6th and older will practice from 3:30pm to 5:15pm for the month of September.
- We are NO LONGER ACCEPTING NEW ATHLETES for the 2021-22 season. We offer enrichment classes throughout the Greater Seattle area all year.
Team Member Requirements:
- 3rd grade or older – exceptions apply and younger athletes will be welcomed as space is available. Ask Coach Rene
- Basic Fundamental Skills acquired
- Able to make a firm commitment to the practices for 10 months. (Sept to June) from 3:15-5PM on Wednesdays. (depends on age what exact time)
- Approximate team fees for 2021-2022 will be $89 or $129 per month plus equipment and uniform fees. And EACH family will be responsible for fundraising an additional $100 twice a year (total $200)
- Families must participate in fundraising efforts to offset our team costs not covered in tuition.
- Families must help at tournaments
- Tournaments are optional, but encouraged
Joining an enrichment class is a great way to build skills required to be on the team. See our Enrichment line up to find a class that may work for you.
I encourage new and existing members to continue enrichment classes to stay sharp in skills.