West City Rope Ninjas
The West City Rope Ninjas are a performance jump rope team based in West Seattle. Team members range in age from 8 to 14 and are proficient in performance jump rope, double dutch, long rope, acro jump rope and single rope skills. The team performs at special events, festivals, school assemblies and competes in regional tournaments.
Our goal is to share our passion of jumping rope for fun and fitness.
Becoming a Ninja
Building jump rope skills require patience, practice and perseverance. Our team trains 8 months a year and performs at approximately 20 community and school events. In addition we participate in 4 tournaments which are on the weekends. Practices are on Wednesdays from 3:15-5:00PM September through June with optional summer practices offered.
Team Member Requirements:
- 2nd grade or older – exceptions apply. Ask Coach Rene
- Basic Fundamental Skills acquired
- Able to make a firm commitment to the practices for 10 months. (Sept to June) from 3:15-5PM on Wednesdays. (we offer optional sunday workouts too)
- Approximate team fees for 2019-2020 will be $79 per month plus equipment and uniform fees. Fees are set up “subscription style” and are deducted monthly. Enrollment begins at the beginning of August. New members considering participating that have not “made it” yet or are still deciding, should enroll for the team. At the end of September and try outs and try it out are complete, you will have the option to continue or cancel your subscription.
- Families must participate in fundraising efforts to offset our team costs not covered in tuition.
- Families must help at tournaments
- Tournaments are optional, but encouraged
Joining an enrichment class is a great way to build skills required to be on the team. See our Enrichment line up to find a class that may work for you.
I encourage new and existing members to continue enrichment classes to stay sharp in skills.
There will be two tryout periods: August 26-28 during skills camp or Sept. 18 2019 at 5PM at the VFW on Alaska in West Seattle. See the tryout list.